Waddenacademie organises international islands conference in 2018
This was announced at the end of the 13th ISISA conference that took place from 22 to 27 September 2014. Chair of the Board of the Waddenacademie prof. Jouke van Dijk was present at this conference. He explained the proposal of the Waddenacademie for the completion of the conference in 2018.
ISISA was established in 1992 and focuses on the study of islands in a multidisciplinary and international perspective.
The Waddenacademie will organise this conference in cooperation with:
- Institute of Cultural Anthropology and Development Sociology, Leiden University
- KITLV (Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies)
- Department of Spatial Sciences, University of Groningen
- OEROL Festival
- Leeuwarden, European Capital of Culture 2018
- Common Wadden Sea Secretariat
More about ISISA International Small Island Studies Association (ISISA).