The NAM was obliged to carry out a Long-term subsidence study in the Wadden Sea Region before July 1st 2015. The purpose of the study was to provide an improved understanding of the subsidence process induced by gas extraction in the Wadden Sea Region. The study was requested by the Inspector General of Mines and carried out by NAM as well as different other parties on behalf of NAM. The project started on 1 January 2013 and ran until 1 July 2015.
The Wadden Academy established an independent Scientific Steering Committee to review, provide guidance and advise on the outcome of the Long-term subsidence study in the Wadden Sea Region.
The results of the “Long Term Subsidence Study” of the NAM can be downloaded via de NAM website.
Read the report of the Steering Committee Appraisal of the Long Term Subsidence Study of the Wadden Sea Region (pdf 1,2 Mb).
The second two-day meeting of the Steering Committee was held on 28 en 29 October 2013 at the Huis voor de Wadden in Leeuwarden.
Read the minutes of the second meeting.
The presentations given by the members of the Steering Committee during the second meeting:
Presentation Patrick Baud
Presentation Rune Holt
Presentation Adriaan Houtenbos
Presentation Robert Zimmerman
The following persons will be appointed in their personal capacity as members of the Committee:
- Dr. Hessel Speelman (vice-president and member of the board of Waddenacademie Geoscience, The Netherlands): Chairman;
- Prof. Ramon Hanssen (Geodesist; Technical University of Delft, The Netherlands);
- Prof. Patrick Baud (Geophysicist, University of Strasbourg, France);
- Prof. Robert Zimmerman (Rock Mechanics at Imperial College, London);
- Prof. Ryszard Hejmanowski (Department of Mine Areas Protection, Geoinformatics and Mine Surveying at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland);
- Prof. Rune Holt (Petroleum Engineering and Applied Geophysics at University of Trondheim, Norway);
- Adriaan Houtenbos (Geodesist, The Netherlands);
- Dr. Bogdan Orlic (senior-researcher at TNO, The Netherlands): acting secretary of the Committee.